Acupuncture for Gastroparesis

forum post

Acupuncture for Gastroparesis

Published on 02-23-2014

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

I'm looking for points related to GI dysmotility and delayed gastric emptying. With no medical "cures" for gastroparesis or symptoms associated with delayed gastric emptying, TCM and acupuncture are common "solutions", but certainly does not work for everyone. I'm hoping to get insight from the public on what you generally do if you have been diagnosed with, or know someone who has been dx'd with, gastroparesis.

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Feb 2014

There isn&#39t a clear answer for you - and the "why" of this is within "What Does Acupuncture Treat? - treating the causes and not the symptoms". I do take issue with your "does not work for everyone". While it is true that we are human, we get sick and we die, the true usefullness of Chinese Medicine is in the diagnostic framework. And in the hands of a skilled practitioner there is much that can be done. The entire range of digestive/assimilation issues are generally very well treated within Chinese Medicine, but proper diagnosis is key. There are no points, herbs, or anything else for "gastroparesis" or any other GI problem for that matter - but it can be treated nonetheless. Clinically, I&#39ve had great success in resolving these assimilation and motility issues.

If you are asking as a practitioner you need to walk away from the western terms and western ideas, simply look at what your patient presents with and treat what you see and observe with your training. With that approach you will most likely do fine.

If you are a practitioner and you are asking about a particular case, then present what you have, what you have tried, what results you have and what you feel should have happened and others can offer more specific information.

top Login/Comment

comment by "anon113383"
    on Sep 2016

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics