Acupressure scalp meridians

forum post

Acupressure scalp meridians

Published on 01-09-2012

"archived-user" has authored 334 other posts.

Submitted By: dolphin15

Hi

Could anyone answer this question for me please? I've looked everywhere to no avail.

Which scalp meridians are most usually treated in scalp acupressure?

Many thanks

Below are the most recent, view all here.

• What is a cun? - 12-31-2021
  • Acupuncture Education for DO's and MD's - 12-31-2021
  • Ion Cords - 12-31-2021
  • Comments / Discussions:

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
    on Jan 2012

See our scalp acupuncture page for the point information. However, scalp acupuncture is better done with acupuncture than acupressure as the effectiveness relies heavily on longer needling techniques which create multiple points of stimulation and sustained stimulation.

top Login/Comment

comment by "dolphin15"
    on Jan 2012

Many thanks for your replies, you&#39ve been very helpful

top Login/Comment

comment by "archived-user"
    on Jan 2012

Scalp acupressure for migraine use GB meridians, for back headache use Ub meridians, for top headache use liver meridians, for foreheadache use stomach meridians, for heavily headache use spleen meridians, for tired and empty headache use kidney meridians.

top Login/Comment

comment by "lokkwan"
    on Apr 2012

I&#39d call them skull rather than scalp meridians for starters. Most likely, you&#39re more interested in the points than meridian lines. Stimulation of the points on the skull can be very powerful because you are working at the deep level of bones. Receivers very often see celestial lights and have out of the body eperiences. It can be a most powerful kind of bdywork.

Of course, the points or meridians you use should be what&#39s appropriate for your patient &#39s condition. But to answer your question, the most commonly used are the governing and the Gallbladder meridians. When you come to the occiput, that&#39s the domain of the Gallbladder and the Urinary Bladder meridians. That&#39s the main thoroughfare between the head and the body and a whole career can be buit on expert work there.

Yes, not much is written but I encourage you to explore and find your own bearings there. It&#39s a most fertile territory.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
    Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
    Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
    Our Affiliated Clinics