Activated ovaries acupressure points

forum post

Activated ovaries acupressure points

Published on 08-05-2015

"drsayed" - this is their first post.

What are the main points for those who want in the process of artificial insemination?

This post has the following associations:

Acupoints: cv 4, cv 6, ex zigongxue, gv 20, ht 7, kd 3, kd 6, lv 3, pc 6, sp 6, sp 8, sp 10, st 29, st 36

Comments / Discussions:

comment by "StephenS" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2015

There are a few steps to fertility. The first step is the union of the sperm and egg, which from what I learned has to do with the quality of the kidney essence. Acupressure cannot to my knowledge do much one way or another to affect kidney essence. And anyway artificial insemination already involves fertilizing the egg in the first place.

Once fertilization occurs, the next step is for the uterus to ‘catch’ the newly conceived baby. This would be, in my opinion anyway, the most critical step for artificial insemination. In my understanding that ‘catching’ action more or less translates to kidney qi and yin, and spleen blood. There are numerous points that might help this stage, mostly points on the kidney, spleen, and conception/ren vessels. Of course this is just a generic list and may or may not actually apply to your particular condition. So with that said, you could try the following: SP 6, KD 6, KD 3, CV/Ren 4, and extra point Ziegong Xue.

top Login/Comment

comment by "ChadD" (acupuncturist)
on Aug 2015

I am assuming you are asking right before the insemination step in the IUI process?

It is best to start with what the patient needs (i.e. based on their overall TCM diagnosis). If they are yin deficiency they need calming before the insemination, if they are blood deficient they need tonifying, etc.

Generally before the transfer you would use calming and blood tonifying points that bring blood and clear stagnation in the abdomen and sexual organs such as: PC 6, SP 8, LV 3, ST 29, Zigongxue (extra point), CV 4, CV 6.

After the transfer, you would want largely tonifying points with some calming points in most cases, such as: ST 36, SP 6, GV 20, SP 10, HT 7, CV 6.

But again, much of these besides the basic principles relies on the patients overall diagnosis.

top Login/Comment

All Content 1999-2024
Chad J. Dupuis / Yin Yang House
Our Policies and Privacy Guidelines
Our Affiliated Clinics